No. of Positions
McLean, VA or Broomfield, CO
- Years’ Experience: 4-6 Years
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline is required.
- Clearance: Must be able and willing to obtain a Public Trust Clearance. Must undergo and pass a background investigation leading to a U.S. government SECRET security clearance upon hire.
- Work Authorization: Must be a US Citizen.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Software Tester will lead the testing of web applications developed by an Agile development team. The Software Tester will focus on structuring test planning, capturing test results, and conveying any defects found to the team for resolution. Clear communication, both in testing documentation and team interactions, is essential for a good testing program. Key activities include:
- Develop, document and execute test cases, test scenarios, testing plans and procedures in an agile environment. Must be well versed with defect management concepts and processes.
- Develop, execute and maintain automated regression and integration test scenarios & plan for validation.
- Designs and executes IT software tests. Verifies information and data persistence and evaluating results to ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
- Reviews test results and evaluates for conformance to design.
- Communicates test results and feedback with development teams.
- Report directly to the VP, Software Solutions for day-to-day guidance and supervision
Qualifications and Skills
- Three (3) years of experience as tester on software projects in supporting requirement analysis, application test script development and execution
- Experience testing web-based applications
- Two (2) years of experience in mapping the business and technical requirements into test cases and generate test scripts
- Two (2) years of practical experience in using relational databases and generating SQL scripts is required
- Proficiency in using Automated Testing Tools (preferably DevOps automated testing)
- Creation and review of Requirements Traceability Matrices (RTM) and development of test cases based on those requirements
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Testing phases/cycles
- Strong verbal, written and time management communication skills. Must communicate effectively with technical and non-technical team and users
- Three (3) years of experience using MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Practical knowledge in manual and automated testing, 508 compliance, performance, UAT, and Unit, regression and integration testing
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently with minimal supervision and assistance
- Optional: case management systems experience