No. of Positions:
- Years’ Experience: 4+ years of relevant software development experience.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or equivalent software development curriculum is mandatory.
- Clearance: Must be able and willing to obtain a Public Trust Clearance. Must undergo and pass a background investigation leading to a U.S. government SECRET security clearance upon hire.
- Work Authorization: Must be a US Citizen.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Developer will be responsible for the estimation, design, and development of software fixes, CRs, upgrades, data migration, and implementation of new entellitrak modules. They will be working in an Agile team environment to fix, configure, customize and upgrade Naval Justice Information Systems (NJIS). The team will respond to software changes stemming from CRs, technical refreshes and product updates on the fielded software baseline. The Developer will assist the DBA and in development related to database queries and Java. This Developer will have to go through the entellitrak® Developer training program and pass the associated exam and work project in order to become an entellitrak® Certified Developer. They will be responsible for:
- Developing software to fix, configure, customize, enhance, and upgrade the NJIS systems
- Supporting updates to databases, reports, conversions, extensions, and interfaces
- Writing and executing unit tests
- Identifying and fixing software defects
- Conducting static code analysis using Fortify to prevent introduction of vulnerabilities
- Participating in quarterly Agile increments
- Participating in System Engineering Technical Reviews
- Updating requirements, designs and increment documentation
- Working with Level 3 Help Desk to resolve technical issues
- Working with trainers to update documentation and Help Desk scripts
- Working with local data centers to troubleshoot and install software
- Working with developers to resolve commercial off-the-shelf entellitrak® problems
Qualifications and Skills
Candidates should meet these minimum qualifications:
- Experience in database design, development, test, quality assurance, deployment and sustainment
- Practice in supporting Client-Server/Web/Cloud applications
- Understanding of software development lifecycle methodologies (e.g. Agile, Scrum)
- Cybersecurity or DOD software development
- Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) or Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Micro Focus Fortify Static Code Analyzer or equivalent
- Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) and Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) scanning tools
- DOORS or Serena Dimension